Thursday, May 10, 2012

30 Weeks

30 weeks ( sorry for the crappy iphone photo done in a hotel room, because that's where I've been the last 4ish weeks)
We've made it to the 30s! 10 more weeks to go and we should have a snugly little baby in our arms ( give or take a week or two)
We've been so incredibly busy that I feel like I've sort of lost sight on the fact that I'm really pregnant. A lot of people have asked when I'm due, lots of belly rubbers and stranger comments of " you're due WHEN?" I was finally able to find some shorts and other tops that fit well so I'm back to loving my pregnant body as I find more flattering clothes.


In other words, we had our 3D/4D ultrasound this week,

How far along:
30 weeks. I feel like this has got to be one of the biggest milestones to come by. We ONLY have 10 more weeks. We have baby gear ( rock N play sleeper, pack N play and various other items) in our house. Our baby shower is in 3 days. I'm starting to get anxious and I feel like I cannot wait one more minute to meet this little. But then my rational side says, enjoy these last few weeks while we can. Oh this ride we're on. So much joy.

How are you feeling:
I'm body tired. My lungs no longer function when walking more then 6 steps. Sleeping is awful. Rib kicks hurt, and my feet are swollen. But every single moment of these aches and pains I'd take every minute of everyday to guarantee a healthy baby. Some days I go to bed singing "I'm a survivor" because really? Growing a human is hard work.

Cravings:
My longest standing food aversion to date has been grilled meat. Not so great timing for the Summer months but I'm hoping that will subside as bbq sauce is starting to smell worthy again. I've been eating lots of PB & J sandwiches, veggie burritos, Hansens creamy root beer and watermelon.

Weight gain/loss:
We weren't home for more then 6 hours a day over the last 10 days so we did LOTS of eating out. French fries will be the death of me. I'm up 5 lbs, putting me at 29 lbs gained. This sort of makes me want to vomit seeing that number but it is what it is. I'll be working extra hard to get it all off once baby arrives. Can we say AMEN to a BOB jogging stroller?

Movement:
Baby is kung fu with all the rib kicks. I think we got ourselves a little star soccer player in the works.

Gender:
We'll see in August!

What I'm loving:
Our baby shower is in 3 days then we leave the very next day for our annual Las Vegas vacation for a whole week. I can't wait to lay by the pool, finish reading 50 shades of gray, spend time with my hubby while drinking lots of frozen lemonade. I'm really loving how fast these weeks are flying by bringing us much closer to meeting our sweet baby love. Lots of my blog and twitter friends gave birth these last 2 weeks and seeing those little people in all their newborn glory just makes my ovaries ache for my own.

0 comments: