Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE HAIR CHRONICLES

I've probably had every hair color imaginable. I started coloring my hair when I was 13. Yup, that young. My mom started letting me get some highlights, which moved into blue or green or purple streaks ( what? I was a cool kid!)and then I wanted really dark purple hair, which moved into wanting really blonde hair, which then went back to wanting dark black hair, etc. You get the point. I've colored my hair a lot over the last 15 years.

For the last 5 or 6 years I've been rocking a shorter, blonde hair style. All different variations of blonde, but blonde none the less.

hair

This was maybe 3 years ago?


IMG_9923

This was last year ( probably my favorite color/hairstyle)


Bina

Look at those cute little babies? oh, they grew up so fast! But my hair here, longer,light brown with blonde highlights.

Last year I went to a new stylist in Portland and she completely FRIED my hair. I'm talking bleach blonde, and worried to comb it out. When I got into Sacramento for our Halloween season I went running to my old stylist. I walked in, she cringed and absolutely refused to do anything more to my hair ( that involved bleach) so.. I bring you to where I am today.


photo

Not the best picture, because you can't see the length, but it's dark brown and past my shoulders at this point.

I've been at this color, and growing it out since August and frankly? I need to freshen it up. It's Spring ( well, somewhere.. because it's not here yet in Oregon)
I know I can't and wont go all the way blonde for awhile, I know I don't want to go short for awhile, but I certainly need to give it back some life.

I have an appointment today to get my hair cut and colored so we'll see what myself and the stylist can come up with. If I can remember, I'll have her snap a picture of the length and the true color.

1 comments:

gv said...

I definitely like the darker color. Can't wait to see the new 'do!