Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WEIGHT WATCHERS; week 4

IMG_0402_converted

I need Spring to get here, really. I took this picture last year around this same time. it was a balmy 75 degrees that day. This week? We have snow in our forecast.

Anyhow..



Weight watchers week 4

Moving right along aren't we? I fully expected to be going into week 4 with at
least 10 lbs off. But unfortunately that just didnt happen. I did have a loss this week of 1 lb. I know it's still a loss, but honestly? I wanted more. I worked really, really hard. I went to the gym 3 times during the week and had 1 boot camp workout. I worked really hard on staying within points and only used my exercise points. I left every single one of my weekly points alone. I really expected at least a 3, since my pants felt a bit looser and I had worked hard. But whatever. At this point there is nothing else I can do. I'm following the rules. I'm working out. Eating healthy.

I posted on twitter a few days ago that I was upset about my loss. I reached out to a few different people and had some great feed back... well, other then the drama that came of it from one girl, but whatever, she doesn't matter. I know I'm not the only one who struggles with this...It would be a lot different if I was sitting on my ass eating pizza and ice cream everyday. But I'm not. I'm eating grilled chicken. vegetables, fruit, whole wheat pasta. So like I said, I'm just not entirely sure where the issue is coming from.

I had an OB appointment today. I went in originally for my yearly "women" test and with a list of questions about why we're having no luck getting pregnant. I also mentioned the 40 lb weight gain in 2 years and how hard I've struggled to get it off. She said it's more then likely related, and we've begun our first series of tests.

I can't even begin to describe the weight that was lifted off my shoulders. I have felt like a complete failure the last few weeks ( body wise) and I know it's out of my control right now.

So as of right now, I have an ultra sound scheduled next week, and labs scheduled next month. I guess I have to wait until day 3 of my period to get the best results. I just hope that doesn't happen while I'm in Florida ( 18 more days, squeeeee!!)Once we get results back, we'll move forward from there. My DR is an obgyn doctor but also specializes in infertility, so it's nice to not have to move between several doctors to get some answers.


I'll keep you updated on the process, because I think there are others out there going through the same thing I am.

Week 1 loss: 3 lbs
Week 2 loss: 1 lb
Week 3 gain:.5 lb
Week 4 loss: 1 lb
Total loss: 4.5 lbs

2 comments:

gv said...

-4.5 is great!!! Good luck with all the testing. Day 3 testing-good times. Hope they figure out what's going on. *hugs*

Cecilia said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Any loss is an accomplishment. I was in the same boat. When the weight didn't come off quickly, I became VERY upset. It will happen. You are doing this the right way: eating better and exercising. I like to believe the longer it takes to come off, the longer it stays off. :o)