Monday, March 14, 2011

WEIGHT WATCHERS; week 1

I started weight watchers this week. I was having a really hard time counting every single calorie, then logging it in, plus logging in all my fitness, charging the body bug, printing everything for the personal trainer and still feeling motivated.After almost 3 weeks of being sick I was completely off course and needed to start fresh.


So I changed it up a bit. I'm still working with my body bug, still working with my personal trainer, and now I'm watching "points" instead of calories. So far, I'm liking it. I'm eating what I want just in major moderation. It sort of works better for our lifestyle, since we enjoy cooking and obviously eating.

This week I really learned how to portion control. Like majorly. Have you ever measured out your cereal to a serving size? and then measured out the milk? ( or for me, silk) holy crap was I over-eating this stuff. probably 3 times over eating. but now I know. I've measured everything just to see where I'm at and to sort of train my brain on sizing control. I don't however, measure oil ( olive oil or whatever) or spices, or veggies. Veggies are no points ( well most of them) and so I just eat as many as I'd like.

All in all, I didn't have a "loss" for my first week, and I stayed within my points and even had lots of flex points left. I have to say this though. I'm having a really tough period this week ( of course it comes on the week I started this) and normally I would have gained upwards of 5-7 lbs and I didn't gain anything. So I'm thinking once this is over I should have a loss of at least that.

I'm looking forward to week two. And hoping to see a nice big loss once Aunt flo is kicked to the shed.

1 comments:

gv said...

Great job! You should follow some of the STL girls on Twitter, they talk about points all day long!