Sunday, August 22, 2010

THE HAPPY POST

I think my very heart filled, sad blogging days are passing by. I'm starting to look forward to our trip down south now, in anticipation of our business opening.

We scored some amazing marketing deals this year, which was all thanks to yours truly. I love when I can come up with a idea that nobody thinks we can get to happen, and then you know what? I talk, and talk and talk and make it happen. Once we get opened I can share what those deals are, but for now, I have to stay mum about it, because we do have competition, and they could possibly see my FB page, which has a link to this blog. And I'm smart like that to watch my back :)

In addition to making deals, we've also secured all of our hired help. That was a big stress weighing in on me, since I don't have a lot of time to interview. There is still one variable, with someones schedule, but I think we'll get it worked out.


We finally got the phone call yesterday about our apartment of choice. It's in a really good area, and close to our location, plus they take dogs up to 100 lbs which was a huge deal for us!

They dont have a lot of availability, and they're a little higher on the price scale, but in our opinion it's worth it.
We got a 1 bed 1 bath which is def a change for us, since we have over 2000 sq ft in our current house, but we'll make it work.

I'm on the hunt in our house for what we can bring and what has to stay. For instance, instead of buying a bed down there, and spending money we don't have right now, we're taking our guest bedroom bed. We're also taking a few pieces o furniture I've redone, like a TV stand, night stand and a coffee table. 

We still need to find a couch, because there is no way in hell I'm moving our beast down 1 flight of very narrow stairs and up another flight of stairs into our apartment. It sort of grosses me out that I'm going to buy a used couch, but I have a carpet and upholstery shampoo machine, so I'll be able to get it clean, and then just buy a washable couch cover.

We bought plastic dishes at Target, so that's one less thing I need to take out of my kitchen. However, I love to bake in the fall, and I especially love having 150 cast members to bake for, so I'll be taking all of my baking utensils. Plus whatever every day stuff we'll need.


Everything is going smooth, C and I are both on board, both helping each other out, both accomplishing our to do list, and we're doing it together. That's a big step from last year, a HUGE one.


All is right in our world right now, and I can't ask for more then that.

1 comments:

gv said...

This is such a sweet and exciting post in one! I love the new layout and I'm pretty sure I read that poem (I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart) at Kristal's wedding. Good luck with everything!