Friday, May 28, 2010

CHOCOLATE MALLOW PIE

I've been in a dessert kind of mood, which is pretty rare for me. Normally I'd prefer salty over sweet any day, but as of late, it's been the other way around. I can't seem to shut my sweet tooth up with yogurt pretzels or apple and peanut butter. So I began my quest for something sweet, something chocolate and something low fat.

Now if your husband is anything like my boy, he just about balked at the idea of a low fat dessert. Little does he know, we're making it anyway ;)

IMG_0467_converted



IMG_0468_converted
( Are you drooling yet?)

This was seriously SO good. it was really light, not too sweet,  and best of all, C loved it!

Chocolate Mallow Pie
Source: Recipezaar.com


  • 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled( We got a chocolate crust)
  • 20 marshmallows, cut in half
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup  semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 ripe bananas ( We only needed two)
  • 1 (8 ounce) container frozen  whipped cream; thawed ( We used cool whip lite)
  1. Place marshmallows and milk in a heavy sauce pan, cook over low heat until marshmallows melt.
  2. Stir in chocolate until melted, remove from heat and cool.
  3. Peel and slice bananas 1/4 inch thick, arrange over the baked crust.
  4. Fold whipped topping into the cooled chocolate mixture. ( We added some mini marshmallows into the mix as well)
  5. Spread evenly over bananas and chill 2 hours 

2 comments:

Jennelle said...

Normally, I'm the same way--salty/savory is MUCH more enticing than sweet. But some days, you just have to have chocolate!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Okay this looks amazing...your past two posts have had me drooling!