Sunday, February 5, 2012

THE DRESS



I already had a gorgeous Maggie Sottero wedding dress for my other wedding that I had hanging in our Oregon closet. I had hoped some day to wear it, but alas it's just wasn't going to work for our new plan.

When we fully decided to run with the wind and elope I had exactly 3 weeks to find a dress. I went to hell Davids Bridal and did find one piece that would fit our "theme". But alas It wouldn't be available until June. I was pretty discouraged when leaving empty handed, but decided to hit up the mall. I walked into every store imaginable and left empty handed. Nothing white. Nothing fit. Nothing full length. Nothing available. I texted C and told him it was a lost cause. I was going to get married in a black dress or my under wear. He could choose.

Once I got home, got dinner started, walked the dog and cleared my head, I was able to look online a little bit. I browsed sites like preownedwedding dresses.com, Macys & Jcrew. Last but not least Jcpennys. It was at JCP that I found the perfect dress, for the perfect price and could be mailed to me in 3 days.

I had NO clue they even offered wedding dresses. They don't have much of a selection but what they did have were perfect for spur of the moment elopements, especially beach side.

I bought the dress right away and it now sits in my closet waiting to be worn on February 17th. 2012.


wedding dress

I still need to find the perfect pair of flip flops, and will be hitting up the mall later on Monday to search.


In addition to the dress, I bought a sweet hair flower from etsy

I can't wait to see everything on together!


12 more days!!!

1 comments:

LWLH said...

That is beautiful!!
Your going to look gorgeous girl!!