Monday, March 8, 2010

RANDOMS

I value the friendships I have with the people in my life so much. I really feel without these people I would be an empty soul.

That being said, I only have a handful of friends, and they all live in another state, 1 even in another country.

I'm starting to get some-what lonely here in Oregon. I love being close to my family and having C but we haven't met one single group of people we can actually grab a drink with or have fun with.

Unfortunately, because we only live here 7 months out of the year, and we're self employed it doesn't leave a lot of room to meet people.

I'm hoping since we're opening our second location for our business up here this year, that will be a great resource, but until then?

What would you do? How would go about meeting people, other couples, etc?




In other news.

This weekend I got a bunch of spring cleaning done. I only took a day to do the down stairs,but decided I needed 1 more full day to do the upstairs. Once I've completed everything i'll make a detailed list and pass it on to my fellow bloggers.

On Friday while C and I were out running a few errands, Spencer found a bag of goodies. In it, were a brand new box of raisnets, mini  m&ms and some gummy bears. He ate every last bit of it and proceeded to puke for 2 days straight. It was nasty and very frustrating. Thank the lord he is feeling better today.

We're almost finished booking our trip to Disneyland at the end of April. We go every year, and almost decided not to go this year. However, a good friend of ours who worked for the company for 25 years is coming along with us, and will be giving us a behind the scenes tour. It's a chance of a life time for us Disney lovers and we wouldn't pass it up for nothing.

C bought a golf cart over the weekend. And no, we don't golf! Our building for our business is around 60k sq ft which is a bear to walk back and fourth grabbing tools, heavy carts, etc. He decided a golf cart would solve the problem ( which it will) however I was too cheap to invest. He finally convinced me over the weekend, and found a great deal, so alas I gave in. We've been playing in it non stop and found that it's a great dog exerciser, since Spencer will run full force to catch up with it. You know what they say, a tired puppy is a good puppy :)

That about sums up our weekend. We have a small business trip tomorrow through the weekend and C has jury duty on Monday. You may or may not hear from me until then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is definitely an adventure living in a new place. I hope you are able to enjoy it.

gv said...

UGH! I feel ya on being alone far far away from home. I was in SC all by myself with just Em Dog. Maybe find a group to volunteer with...this sounds totally hoosier but hubs LOVES to volunteer with the local county fair and they're now our second family. Take a hobby class at the local college, rec center, etc...or try to find some bloggers in the area to meet up. STL Bloggers are awesome here! Where do you live the other 5 months of the year? (Hope my math was right!)