Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Photobucket


It's about that time of year again. For those of you that don't know Both C and I are Catholic. Although, sometimes we slack in the church department ( okay, most of the time) we still have our values and religion installed in us.

Actually this year, one of our New Years resolutions was to find a church in our new area and start attending at least once a month. I think after I post this blog I'll get to work on that.

Anyhow, I always practice giving up something for lent, as it helps me to redefine myself and reconnect with my religion. This year will be no different.

last year I gave up all fast food. I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you're on the road as much as we are and have to count on eating out while on the road, it was hard! But I made it. And to this day, I always try and choose something other then fast food and limit my intake. It not only has helped my health but also my wallet.

This year I'm doing something for my soul.I've decided to give up cursing. I do it way to often and sometimes in a mean way, especially when I'm mad at C. I don't think there is anything positive about cussing or using mean words.

It will be hard, especially with all the bad drivers around here (LOL!) but I'm going to make a very serious effort to install this during lent and I hope it will stick afterward too.

I've decided that telling myself to do this probably wont be enough so I'm also going to make a curse jar. For every word I have to stick a quarter in the jar.



Wish me luck!

1 comments:

gv said...

Good one! You can do it...good luck, I need to do that one too!